Thank You for Donating to Habitat Dutchess ReStore
Remodeling, cleaning, down-sizing or just getting organized?
Whatever your project, don’t let the items you no longer need end up in your local landfill. ReStore of Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County will divert tons of material from landfills each year, accepting hard-to-dispose-of items including new and used furniture, appliances, and surplus building materials. In many cases, pickup service is provided for large items.
The money raised by ReStore of Habitat Dutchess helps families build a decent and affordable place to call home. When the items you donate to ReStore are sold, the money helps families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better future.
Items We Accept
All donations must be clean and in working order with no missing or broken parts, deep scratches, chips, cracks, mold, rotted wood, peeling paint, fabric with stains, tears or strong odors, pet hair, water damage, or other major damage. Donation criteria may change over time. The store is happy to provide a donation receipt for tax purposes.
Must be less than 10 years old.
- Microwave ovens
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Small appliances
- Stoves (electric or gas)
- Washers & dryers (electric or gas)
- Flat screen TVs. No tube or box TVs.
Kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces. All cabinets must be complete and contain all doors, drawers, and knobs/handles. We are unable to accept individual wall oven cabinets.
- Exterior or interior doors (including French doors)
- Exterior sliding or patio doors (assembled please and complete with all jambs, tracks, and hardware. Individual sliding or patio door slabs will not be accepted.)
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Storm doors (must have all tracking)
We are unable to accept doors over 84 inches tall.
Must be double or triple pane windows only. With the exception of some very large windows, all donated windows should include the sashes installed in the frames.
- Lamps, shades, chandeliers
- Indoor and outdoor lighting (except fluorescent, canned, or track lighting)
- Glassware, glasses, pitchers, vases
- Pots, pans, bakeware
- Dishes, silverware, utensils
- Tupperware and plastic storage containers
- Canisters, cookie jars, tea pots
GARDENING & OUTDOORS
- Shovels, rakes, etc.
- Hand tools
- Pots, sprinklers
- Framed art
- Picture frames
- Wall hangings
- Framed mirrors
- New faucets (in original packaging, with all hardware, and lead free)
- Fiberglass bathtubs and shower units
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Countertops (no custom cuts or designs)
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- Sofas (please no sofa beds)
- Bedroom furniture
- Book shelves
- Coffee tables
- Dining room furniture
- Office furniture
- Wood furniture (in very good condition)
- Outdoor & patio furniture
- Futon frames
We are not able to accept box springs, mattresses, or sofa beds due to New York state law.
- Stained and leaded glass windows
- Area rugs
- Carpet runners
- Hardwood flooring (must be at least 50 square feet)
- Vinyl, ceramic, or carpet tile (must be at least 50 square feet).
Please call us for individual decisions on small quantities of vintage tile for repair or replacement in Victorian homes.
HARDWARE & LUMBER
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc.
- Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
- Lumber (new & unused)
- Sheet goods (new & unused)
- Trim and molding (new & unused)
- New painting supplies
- Insulation (full rolls only, unopened, in original packaging)
- Residential electric items only. Donations of commercial electrical stock may not be accepted.
- Window and portable air conditioners
- Hand and power tools
- Pallets of brick or glass brick
- Stone pavers
- Wallpaper (packaged—NO remnants or partial rolls)
- Wood stoves (free standing)
- Vintage, antiques & silver
- Craft items, unused candles
- Treadmills, exercise bikes, and ellipticals.
- Gasoline power equipment (less than 10 years old, please drain gas
Items We Do Not Accept
- Baby furniture or baby items
- Bedding, household linens (sheets, towels, drapes, curtains, pillows, etc.) or personal items
- Box springs or mattresses
- Canned, track, or fluorescent lights
- Chemicals or fuels (solvents, cleaning fluids, strippers, gas, oil, kerosene, propane, tiki/lamp oil, fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc.)
- Fuel cans, propane cylinders, garden sprayers
- Entertainment centers, media centers, TV cabinets, computer armoires
- Open or partially used items of any sort
- Sofa beds (or anything with a mattress)
- Toys, games, or game systems unless vintage (not for use with children)
- Sporting goods
- Partial rolls of wallpaper
- Partial cans of paint
- Medical items
- DVDs, CDs, tapes, vinyl records
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Shower doors
- Out of season holiday décor
- Pet items
- Carpet padding, carpet remnants
- Computers, computer parts (keyboards, mice, monitors, etc.), routers, fax machines, copiers, or printers
- Window shades with cords
If you have any questions or have items not covered on this list, please call us at 845-297-7610