Click the pic to see how it works!
Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County’s car donation program, to help support local families.
Every vehicle donated is either resold or recycled, so you’re not just helping families, you’re helping the environment. You’ll be helping yourself too because a charitable vehicle donation may qualify you for a tax deduction. Cars for Homes takes more than just cars. The program also accepts trucks, recreational vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, farm and construction equipment. Towing is free!
Help drive a family towards a new home!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat Dutchess?
How do I donate my car in Dutchess County?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in New York State?
- Dutchess County will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity accepts all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUV’s, RV’s, motorcycles, boats, planes, snowmobiles, farm equipment, and more. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team at 877-277-4344.
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running in order to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated. We can tow the vehicle at no cost to you.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When your vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation. You can learn more here.