Thank you for your interest in our inaugural ReStore Redo Event!
This event is designed to raise awareness for Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County and its mission, by showcasing the unlimited possibilities of repurposing items from the ReStore.
If selected, your challenge will be to repurpose one piece of furniture or home accessory using items found at Habitat Dutchess ReStore. Register as an individual or as a team (teams are encouraged!). A fee of $25 is required for each registration (team or individual). Participants also must agree to send updates on their progress and take part in all event promotion with photos and/or video as requested.
Each design team will receive $100 credit to use at the ReStore to shop for their ReStore Redo piece. Applicants may purchase, at their own expense, additional supplies (such as paint, hardware) – there is no limit on the amount spent however, any additional expense is not reimbursable and all becomes the property of the ReStore.
Completed pieces will be auctioned off at the ReStore with all proceeds benefiting Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County. In the spirit of fun competition, completed pieces will be voted on and winners decided by popular vote. All customers of the ReStore will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite redo!
This event will be a fun way showcase to your creativity and ability to “upcycle” furniture and regular household goods into fabulous home décor! Most importantly, we are helping to build affordable houses in Dutchess County!
- August 2nd – August 23rd: Applications will be accepted from.
- August 26th: Notification of acceptance via email.
- August 27th: Registration fees are due.
- August 28th thru September 11th: Participants will be able to shop at the ReStore with their $100 ReStore credit.
- September 11th: All selected items must be picked up from the ReStore by Sept. 11th.
- October 15th: Finished projects must be delivered to the ReStore
- October 15th – October 22nd: Completed pieces will be on display at the ReStore, for public viewing and voting.
- October 29th: Winners announced in each category.
1st Time DIYer –
Novice DIYer – (1-4 DIY projects)
Experienced DIYer (5 projects or more)
There will be a winner in each category as well as an overall winner
Email: email@example.com with any questions.